2015/01/17

My hometown


My home town Sendagaya, on the north side of Shibuya Ward, Tokyo, Japan.
The scene has changed since when I was a student. I live in another place now. 

             




In front of Takashimaya Department store in Shinjuku Ward.





    In Sendagaya town
     






   Interception of Sendagaya 5-chome.






The man in red shirt is preparing for the summer festival, dressing two chochins (Japanese paper lantern) or making room for putting the portable shrine which neighborhood association members carry on the very day of the festival. I attended an elementary school via this road.






This is Meiji-Dori. Shibuya station is the back of this road, Shinjuku is in the opposite direction. The prominent tall building is NTT Docomo Yoyogi Building, built recently. This wasn't when I was little.




Around Yoyogi station, I wonder if the girls are working staffs on lunch break?





Izakaya, Japanese style pub, the most popular drinking place in Japan. Now you can find these places all over Japan.





  Yoyogi station. I went to a junior high every day from this station.





    Around Yoyogi station.







   In front of Yoyogi station. long-forgotten sceneries.





             NTT Docomo Yoyogi Building.


           (with Nikon Coolpix L2.)